Beat to Quarters (Paperback)
List Price: $16.99
Our Price: $13.99
(Save: $3.00 18%)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Hornblower Saga (Paperback) series.
- #1: Mr. Midshipman Hornblower (Paperback): $16.99
- #2: Lieutenant Hornblower (Paperback): $16.99
- #3: Hornblower and the Hotspur (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: Hornblower During the Crisis (Paperback): $15.99
- #5: Hornblower and the Atropos (Paperback): $16.99
- #7: Ship of the Line (Paperback): $15.00
- #8: Flying Colours (Paperback): $16.99
- #9: Commodore Hornblower (Paperback): $16.99
- #10: Lord Hornblower (Paperback): $16.99
- #11: Admiral Hornblower in the West Indies (Paperback): $16.99
Called "as gripping and realistic a sea tale as you are likely to run across" by the New York Times, C. S. Forester's Beat to Quarters finds Hornblower faced with a near-impossible mission off the coast of Nicaragua.
June 1808, somewhere west of Nicaragua -- a site suitable for spectacular sea battles. The Admiralty has ordered Captain Horatio Hornblower, now in command of the thirty-six-gun HMS Lydia, to form an alliance against the Spanish colonial government with an insane Spanish landowner; to find a water route across the Central American isthmus; and "to take, sink, burn or destroy" the fifty-gun Spanish ship of the line Natividad or face court-martial. A daunting enough set of orders -- even if the happily married captain were not woefully distracted by the passenger he is obliged to take on in Panama: Lady Barbara Wellesley.
About the Author
C. S. Forester (1899-1966) wrote many highly acclaimed novels, including the eleven-volume Hornblower saga and The African Queen.